Monday, August 17, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken Chili

Would you believe that I never tried chili until I was 24? It wasn't something that we ate growing up and it certainly doesn't look appetizing, so when Matt finally got me to try his grandmother's chili about a year after we had starting dating, I was pretty sure I would hate it. I actually loved it and I now make it all the time. I like chili so much in fact that Matt and I went to our first Chili and Chowder challenge this year and had a blast. We must have tried at least 25 different kinds of chili while we were there and we are already planning on going back next year. This is a new recipe that I recently found online at http://www.recipezaar.com/ and it's the first time I have made chili with chicken instead of ground beef or turkey. While it was a little too hot yesterday to be eating chili for dinner, this was cooked in the crock pot so at least I didn't have to work too hard in the heat! Overall, we were very impressed with this chili, I will definitely be making it again.

12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 (1 3/8 oz) envelope chili seasoning mix
1 quart canned tomato (I used diced)
15 ounces canned corn, undrained
15 ounces canned kidney beans, drained
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup salsa
In a sprayed, nonstick skillet, sear chicken.
Add chicken to crock pot with remaining ingredients
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
Top with your favorite chili toppings (cheese, sour cream, raw onions, etc) and Enjoy!
Makes 8 servings, 2.5 WW points per serving
158 Calories per serving, 1.3g Fat, 5g Fiber, 23.87g Carbohydrates, 15.1g Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment