Monday, August 24, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie

Tonight's recipe is one that I have made a number of times and is one of our favorites. I found this Chicken Pot Pie recipe in a Weight Watchers "Time Saving Meal Ideas" book and it is fast, easy to make and delicious. I had to purchase these small casserole dishes (http://tinyurl.com/n4ecge) to cook the pies in but I was able to find some fairly cheap at WalMart awhile back. The recipe below is made to serve one but can be multiplied for additional servings. I usually make 4, we each eat one and have the other two for lunches during the week. I pair ours with baked potatoes because I like to use the gravy from the pot pie to put on the potato, mmmm mmmm good!

3 oz of boneless, skinless cooked chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 cup frozen or canned vegetables, thawed if using frozen
1/2 cup low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
2 tbsp chicken broth
1 unbaked, refrigerated buttermilk biscuit

In a 2-cup casserole, combine the chicken, vegetables, soup and broth. Flatten the biscuit dough to the diameter of the casserole and set over filling; press edges to casserole rim to seal. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 15 minutes.

307 calories, 7g fat, 3 g fiber, 6 WW points per pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment