Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bad Sign?


So is it a bad sign that on the first day that I start my new blog, I would ruin the first meal that I plan to blog about? Should I just stop now? Are all my meals doomed from now on?
Today's meal was called Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken and it sounded delicous. I love cooking in the crock pot because there is nothing better than coming home from work and having dinner ready to eat. Well, this recipe said to cook it on low for 7 hours. I was gone for 8 1/2 hours today and figured that it would be fine. I haven't had any problems in the past with leaving things in the crock pot longer than the recipe suggests. Alas, this was not the case this time. I came home to a burned mess of chicken and pineapple. It was in no way edible so in the trash it went. I now have a back up meal of plain old whole wheat spaghetti and meatsauce cooking. Who wants to blog about spaghetti? Spaghetti is BORING. I will have to try the sweet and sour chicken again on a day when I can come home at lunch and turn it on or on a weekend day. Hopefully tomorrow nights meal will be blogworthy, I don't want to keep my two readers waiting too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment