Monday, October 26, 2009

Turkey Vegetable Cobbler

Tonight's recipe is another one from my new Pampered Chef cookbook, "It's Good for You". I can't tell you how happy I am that I have found so many great recipes out of this cookbook. Many times I get a new cookbook only to find one or two recipes that I want to try, so this is certainly a nice change. The liquid mixture in it was a lot thinner than I expected it to be but still very tasty, next time I will eat it in a bowl instead of on a plate. Also, next time I think I will microwave the veggies a little longer so they aren't so crunchy and lastly, I used skim milk instead of 2% because that's all I buy. All in all, another success and with the new rating system, Matt gives this recipe 7 out of 10 stars.

Turkey & Vegetable Filling
2 cups diced cooked turkey or chicken
1 cup sliced carrots
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cup broccoli florets
1 can (10 3/4 oz) 98% fat-free reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup 100% fat-free chicken broth
1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

Biscuit Topping
1 1/4 cups reduced-fat all-purpose baking mix (I used Heart Healthy Bisquick)
1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1 egg white

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut carrots into 1/4-inch slices, chop onion, cut up broccoli. In a large Micro-cooker (I don't have one, so I just used a microwaveable plastic dish with cover), combine carrots, onion and broccoli with a small amount of water in the bottom. Microwave, covered, on high 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.

2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup, broth, milk, garlic, thyme and black pepper; whisk until blended. Stir in turkey and vegetable mixture; mix well. Pour into a deep casserole dish.

3. For biscuit topping, in a small bowl combine baking mix, milk and egg white; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened and mixture forms a soft dough. Using a scoop or large spoon, drop six scoops of dough over filling. Bake 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown.

Makes 6 servings, 5 WW points per serving. 270 calories, 6g fat, 2g fiber.


No comments:

Post a Comment