Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love Fall baking. Apples and pumpkins and Halloween treats, I love it all. Unfortunately I haven't had much time yet this Fall to do much baking, so I am trying to make up for it over the long Columbus Day weekend. We had two parties to go on Saturday and I decided to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies for the first time ever for one of the parties, as my sister Allison said it's her absolute favorite type of cookie. Well, it just might now be my favorite cookie as well. I don't know if I've ever received so many compliments before on something I have baked, I left Allison's house with many of my family members telling me that I better blog about these cookies so they can have the recipe as well. I found this recipe on the Maine chat board of thenest.com. Also, I went to the apple orchard today and picked up a bunch of apples, so stayed tuned over the next few days as I share with you some of my favorite apple recipes! Happy Fall!!

Ingredients:
2.5 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 cups sugar
1 stick butter, softened
1 cup pumpkin
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease baking sheets
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium size bowl.
3. Beat together sugar and butter until well blended.
4. Add in pumpkin, egg and vanilla, beat until smooth.
5. Gradually add in the premixed flour mixture.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet, bake for 15-18 minutes until edges are firm.
Makes about 3.5-4 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had seen this one a few days ago, they look great!

    ReplyDelete